Monday, April 13, 2015

His Glory and His Grace--Love and Fear

Why does God love me?  

For years I struggled with trying to find an answer to that question.   
Then one day, God, knowing the despair I was in touched my heart.
Some time later while reading from the book of Jeremiah, God revealed to me the answer to my long saught question.

Jeremiah 31:3  The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying:  "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;
                          therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you."

Finally, the veil was lifted.  God did not put a condition on His love towards me.  It was freely given.
Like a gift, all I needed to do was accept it.  How could I have known?  God was drawing me to Him.
God!  The Creator of all things.  This very same God who showed unending mercy to the nation of Israel in the book of Jeremiah.  Sin and idolatry marked the existence of Israel during this time.  The people had rejected God and turned their backs on Him to follow after the gods of the lands around them.  Jeremiah, His prophet, was even beaten and cast into a prison because he tried to get the people to see the error of their ways and repent.  Silence.  They continued on the path they wanted to go down.  The rebellion of a nation did not cause God to desert them.  
God says "I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people.  (v.1)
Those who survive the sword, those who have found my grace in the wilderness--Israel, when I give them rest."

Oh to know the true depts of the love of God towards mankind.  We cannot.  Our humanness will not let us. Imagine God saying this to each and every person on this planet from eternity past to this present day, "there is nothing you can do that will make me love you less than what I already do."
Read the verse above.   "You are loved with an everlasting love."  

                                    E V E R L A S T I N G   L O V E

I trembled with the hearing of these words.  His grace, undeserved favor, I found while in my wilderness, and I was given rest.  

The Love of God can be seen on the Cross of Calvary 2,000 years ago.  
The Glory of God can be seen on the Cross of Calvary 2,000 years ago.
The Grace of God can be found in the garden of Eden, six thousand years ago, when Adam and Eve sinned against the Almighty.  Instead of judging them in their sin of disobedience with death, He offered them repentance through a blood sacrifice.  This promise was to be fulfilled in Jesus the Christ, a once and for all sacrifice.  













No comments:

Post a Comment