Monday, April 6, 2015

His Glory and His Grace--God

Isaiah 6:3,5
(3) And one cried to another and said:  "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Of hosts; the whole earth
is full of His glory!"
(5) So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone!  Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in 
the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."


Anything in existence owes its existence to God.  The Creator of all things. The giver and taker of life.
What would happen if we were to come before this God?  Would we fall down and worship Him?  Would our hearts melt from fear?  Would we try to give Him a laundry list of questions to answer?  Would we know instantly whom He truly is?

In my early days as a believer, I often heard people say, "God is so quick to judge us.  How can we live up to His standard?"  On our own we cannot.  For some time this bothered me and I questioned what was I getting myself into?  However, as I read the bible I began to see that we were not looking at the whole picture, or shall I say the bigger picture.
It was not until I read the book of Jeremiah that  I saw the grace of God and how much He extends to us. His judgment comes some time after, if we do not realize His grace is our chance to find forgiveness.

The prophet Isaiah saw the glory of the LORD and was immediately stricken with a great fear because of what he had seen.  The people of this world can imagine what they will and what do will do when the come before the Almighty God.  And they have the right to.  Free will.  But God is not a man.
As the seraphim cried out "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts" they did so with face covered.  No one can stand before God and proclaim their own goodness.  The fear Isaiah experienced was the fear of impending death.  "Woe is me, for I am undone."  
If Isaiah, the prophet of God, who spoke directly to God and heard directly from God, is fearful in the presence of God, what chance do you or I have?  (Answer that within your own heart.)

When that Day comes just the awesomeness of God alone will cause many hearts to stop.  Countless people will realize the foolish words they have spoken in this life and say "I had no idea just how truly magnificent You really are."  I know I will.  My flesh limits me in understanding who and what God really is.  I cannot fathom it.  But on that Day, in His presence His understanding will give me understanding and I will be like Isaiah.  
The grace of God paves the way for us to come to Him.   Whether it be a means to salvation (its true intent), or just to get through our daily lives.  God's grace is there.  Let it be known that God reigns.
However, until we appopriate the grace God so freely bestows to us, the God of Judgment is who we will meet on that Day and not the God of Grace.  










No comments:

Post a Comment